Leadership Laramie is a program of the Laramie Chamber Business Alliance. Modeled after the same principles as other leadership programs throughout the United States, this program is designed and structured to familiarize participants with their community, the issues leaders face and build essential leadership skills. Leadership Laramie is a 2-year program.
What You Will Do:
- Grow your personal skills base using a mixture of highly effective leadership techniques and skill-building exercises.
- Participants must attend 8 out of 10 sessions.
Community Based Experiences (CBE’s)
- See and experience what Laramie and its organizations offer.
- 1-2 hours each per month outside of class.
- Learn how community leaders make decisions.
- Attend a minimum of 2 board or committee meetings outside of class time.
Year 2: Steering Committee
- Planning and organizing the next class in year 2 is often considered the highlight of participants’ experience and a chance to put YOUR stamp on Leadership Laramie.
What You Will Learn:
- Networking skills and development of professional relationships with local businesses, government and non-profit agencies, and your classmates to form a cohesive team.
- Effective communication skills and your own personal communication style.
- Conflict resolution skills that promote success in the world of leadership.
- Change management skills to promote an environment that supports openness to change.
- Experience the Wyoming Legislative Session and increase knowledge of state governance and program management issues.
- Ethical decision making and how to create a culture based on values
Leadership Laramie Class of 2020
The Leadership Laramie Participating Class of 2018-2020. Photo by: Allison Pluda | Owner/Artist Seneca Creek Studios | Top Row From Left: Rebecca Walsh, Lisa Moehrke, Sara Sheen, Michael Hickerson, Tanner Evans, Scott Norman
Middle Row from left: Cara Harshberger, Brooke Benson, Amber Beitz, Ryan Claxton, Ginger Brown
Front Row from left: Alexia Jones, Hanni Scott, Jamie Terry, Conan Negich, Jenny Petty
Filling the pantry at Interfaith-Good Samaritan
Leadership Laramie Class of 2019
The Leadership Laramie Graduating Class of 2019. Photo by: Allison Pluda | Owner/Artist Seneca Creek Studios | Top Row from Left: Kent Wood, Dustin Anderson, Thomas Ver Ploeg, Tarsha Storey, Taun Smith, Patrick Owen, Cody Paulson
Middle Row from Left: Hanna Eslinger, Amanda Givan, Chance Price, Aengle Smith, Amanda Olaveson, Jessica Ford, Jennie Hedrick
Front Row from Left: Shantel Anderson, Dianne Burner-Bitzes, Chaz Avila, Sarah Carroll, Whitley Edelfelt, Katie Christensen
Hiring an artist to paint a public art mural on the south-facing wall of the Moose Lodge